(Senior) Data Scientist
Fintu Data Science is a machine learning consultancy. We implement custom machine learning solutions for organizations. Our clients include small and medium-sized enterprises, start-ups and non-profit organizations. Our projects cover the entire data science value chain, from data preparation and data engineering to the implementation of algorithms and deployment as an API, website or app.
We are looking for a (Senior) Data Scientist to join our team on site in Berlin or remotely.
- As a member of our data science team, you solve complex business problems (e.g. customer segmentation, churn prediction, calculation of price sensitivity or predictive maintenance) for a customer.
- To do this, you develop analyses and algorithms, especially with Python-based tools and libraries such as Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow or Keras.
- In the course of a project you not only develop a technical understanding of our client’s data, but also get to grips with the underlying business problems and mechanisms.
- You implement pilot projects and analyses in complete software solutions or integrate them e.g. in an API or a web frontend.
- You regularly explore new technologies and tools that make our projects better and more efficient and actively integrate them into our project workflows.
- You have a university degree (ideally a PhD) in a quantitative field, e.g. mathematics, physics, computer science, bioinformatics, econometrics or engineering, or a comparable qualification.
- You have a solid understanding of statistics and machine learning.
- You have experience in at least one programming language, preferably Python or R, and ideally have experience with open source data science tools such as Scikit-learn, Pandas, Scipy, Tensorflow, Keras, or Apache Spark.
- Ideally you already have experience with modern software development (agile, git, containerization, cloud computing).
- You speak fluent English and preferably also German.
What we offer
- You work on exciting data science projects implemented in a modern IT environment that you can actively contribute to.
- Don’t waste your time with office politics. We are a small firm with fast decision-making paths and a hands-on mentality.
- Keep exploring. We give you at least 4 weeks per year with full payment to pursue your own data science projects (e.g. contributing to open source libraries, trying out new technologies, working on non-profit data science projects, …). The only requirement is that you learn something from it and share your experiences.
- You can either work in our Berlin office or in a home office elsewhere in Germany with occasional trips to Berlin (10-20%).
- If you want to, you can join us for meetings with clients all over Germany and Europe.
Send us your application or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working Student Data Visualization
You design and develop visualizations of complex data. Complicated interactions are presented simply and intuitively, for example through plots or interactive documents. A concrete example: For a predictive analysis of the failure probability of water pumps, this could be a representation of these water pumps and their characteristics on an interactive map, together with a visualization of the statistical model for their failure probability.
- Previous experiences with data visualization
- An interest in learning new methods, tools, or programming languages
What we offer
- Flexible working hours, between 15-20 hours per week
- The possibility to contribute own ideas
- Short decision paths and a “hands-on” mentality
- Exciting projects on machine learning and artificial intelligence
Send your application or questions to email@example.com.